Sunday, September 09, 2012

Author Spotlight and Chat with Carly Anne Wallace

****Welcome to I Love My Authors****

I am so excited to have one of my Favorite People in the World here today.. Carly Anne Wallace.... Friend/Author/Reviewer/Promoter/ Supporter of the Arts! 

Welcome to I Love My Authors Carly! Squee! I am so excited for you and Happy Dancing on the sidelines watching your life's dreams coming true. YOU ROCK!! 

Before we get to the interview, I want to introduce Carly and her latest releases to you. I have known Carly for a while now and all I can say is I am a better person for her being in my life. Thank You Carly ~ Love You !! 


Carly Wallace is a woman with a dream, living in Texas where the sky is as endless as the heat. Carly pursues her dream of writing while bringing new and talented Indie authors to the front line. She reads and reviews independent books as well as writes promotional blurbs and marketing material. The Paranormal Book Club, Alchemy of Anne's Anomalies, PDMI Publishing and Injected Ink Production comprise her literary family. Carly is an ally and great friend to the some of the best independent authors and freshest voices of today.


Stalker Links:
Goodreads:
http://www.goodreads.com/search?q=Carly+Wallace

Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=ntt_athr_dp_sr_1?_encoding=UTF8&field-author=Carly%20Wallace&search-alias=digital-text

Facebook Fan Page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Carly-Wallace/368095669929232


Southern Summer Series 
Aracellie walks the earth as an angel. As long as she does no harm, she is free to do as she wishes - including feeding her sexual desires. An encounter with a stranger calls a voice from the past - one she thought she'd forgotten.

My Thoughts on Part 1 ~ Southern Summer

OMGosh!! What an adventurous, HAWT DAYUM erotic read!! Carly has developed a world so carefree even by our standards, with a passion for words that leap off the page and keep you riveted to your seat. I Love it..

This short story is very well written, sexually explicit, and will melt in your e-readers leaving you panting for more.. The gentle twists and turns are perfectly placed creating a perfect HOT summer read.. This is for 18+ readers only and will not disappoint! I am so waiting on the next installment

My Thoughts on Part 2 ~ Southern Submission
Still Reading It! Forthcoming


Concrete Angel

Ethereal is more than her name it will become her state of mind. After a sudden loss Ethereal is given a choice in her afterlife. Choices are all it takes sometimes to find the forgiveness to move on. However the things we learn through our choices may lead to bigger and better things, both inside and out.

My Thoughts on Concrete Angel:


OMG!! Carly Wallace does it again! We find Ethereal in a very difficult situation. This story is about domestic abuse, and the more often then not, the real world outcome from it.... Death. It is also about learning to forgive and being able to move on. 

The world Carly has created is so clearly unique and fresh, just the cover spoke READ ME! With twists and turns causing Ethereal to make a choice will she stay angry or will she choose a chance to release it properly being able to move on.

Domestic abuse happens everyday somewhere, how sad have we become as a nation. I have seen more than enough of it in my life, it is the little ones that tear me up. This story touches base in such a way that the scenes are portrayed so clearly the picture painted is very clear. 

This is NOT a read for the faint of heart due to itns graphic nature. My recommendation is for the Mature Readers out there... Love this story line, as it offers A RAY OF HOPE AT THE END OF A VERY DARK TUNNEL.


Buy Links:
Bella Morte: http://www.amazon.com/Bella-Morte-Beautiful-Anthology-ebook/dp/B008SBP4CM/ref=la_B0096RU102_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1347204420&sr=1-2

Southern Summer (Parts 1 and 2): http://www.amazon.com/Southern-Summer-ebook/dp/B0096H8S2K/ref=sr_1_2?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1347204225&sr=1-2

Concrete Angel: http://www.amazon.com/Concrete-Angel-ebook/dp/B0096PPH6W/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1347204225&sr=1-1



Now for The Interview

When did you start writing? 
Well I would have to say when I was in the sixth grade. I loved to write poetry and got an award for a poem I did, now I have no idea where it is now but that was the beginning.

What inspired you to do it? 
What inspires me to write? Everything, really! A song that sparks an emotion, a place that creates its own scene, or a person that just screams write about me. Most of all its emotion, having life experiences that someone else can relate to is really calming and reminds me I’m not alone in the world.

What projects have you done?
I have my two short stories, Southern Summer and Concrete Angel and I have 2 poems in Rue Volley’s Bella Morte. I have reviewed so many books I’ve lost count and also help authors with their blurbs and marketing phrases!! Whew and I have some new stories in the works.

Any new projects coming up? 
Yes, I am putting together an anthology called Soul Game to be released early next year, with some amazing talents already on board it’s going to be amazing I am super excited about it. As well as a new story a full size book, but it’s still a secret.

Are you an independent artist or are you represented by an agency? 
I am published through Injected Ink/PDMI publishing, a great company and I am very happy.

Any favorite bands? 
Do you use music to inspire you as you write? I do love, love, love music always have it on and going especially while I’m writing, because I use music to relate my emotions. Favorite bands? Hmm, there are so many!! My Chemical Romance, The Naked And Famous, Pistol Annies, Maroon 5, let’s just be safe and say pretty much all of them!! 

What advice would you give to someone just starting out in your field? 
I got some epic advice from Madison Daniel when I wanted to write, he said “Write for you first and then work out all the details later.” That advice is what I hold onto because it’s so true. Write what you know and love then worry over the other stuff when you’re done.

Anything you would like to share with readers on a personal note that would allow them to get to know you better? 
Hmm, I love butterflies, Cadbury eggs, and I am far from perfect. I have a sorted past and I have done some messed up stuff, but I believe if we learn lessons from our mistakes then we grow stronger and better. I battled drugs, I made some bad choices, but look now I am fulfilling my dream and accomplishing so much because I made the changes. Never let anyone hold you down, stand up and fight for what is right for you and dream big!

Do you find it hard to share your work with others? YES!!! 
Concrete Angel is a very personal story and pulled from a lot of emotions inside me, but once I let a couple of close friends read it and they said it gave them chills or brought tears to their eyes I knew it was going to be ok. Like I said no one is alone in the world.

Did your writing come from just a need to express yourself or a particular experience that you had? 
Both and having a story to tell.

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy schedule Carly.. I have told you this before and feel compelled to say it again. Thank You for being a major influence for me, and an inspiration to do what I do today. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! Have a great day :-)