Wednesday, June 17, 2015

The Keepers by Monique O'Connor James

It was a review of this book that inspired to me overcome my shyness and boredom and start reviewing books for authors.

Lovetiggi

I studied several different blogged reviews to get an idea of where to start or what to say. Not long after I swallowed my fear and began to seek out book related pages. I had just finished reading "Blood Destiny (Blood Curse Series, #1)" by Tessa Dawn. I fell in Love with the with the book and had to tell someone how it made me feel... like I had just survived the best emotional roller coaster ride of my life.

That is for another blog post!  :-) 

Without any further ado here is The Keepers!

The Keepers by Monique O'Connor James
Publication Date: June 5, 2011



Synopsis:
Jess denies God. In his infinite wisdom, he’s taken everyone she’s ever loved. Moving to the French Quarter was a ploy to erase the guilt she felt for rebuking her faith. Perhaps, if she hadn’t met Justin, an angel preoccupied with getting back into God’s good graces, and drowning in his hatred for humanity, her plan would have worked. 

Justin’s general disdain for the human race makes him difficult to like, but some higher power has appointed him her keeper. Justin’s convinced he can mend her broken relationship with her maker, but in the process he learns a thing or two about his own humanity. 

Never mind falling in love, that’s not supposed to happen. In fact, it may even be forbidden. Jess just wants Justin to understand her plight, and he wants to protect her from a world she doesn’t know. 

If neither are equipped to save the other, then whose soul will live and whose will perish?




Review:
I won an e-copy of this in a contest. What a prize it is too! I can relate to Jess' character on a very personal level, one which made me cry within the first few pages... just the way the scenes were portrayed--so beautifully--opened up the floodgates.

There are some awesome characters within. Some I adore, some tick me off, and others I detest. I adore Justin... even though he has fallen, he isn't evil.


The way the author describes the scenes are crisp and clean, making this a journey of self-discovery that packs a punch. The twists and turns are amazing, mysterious,tragic, and unexpected. I Love this storyline too. 


I recommend this to anyone who likes a powerful read about good -vs- evil. Go get ya some!


5 out of 5 Hearts

Lovetiggi's Book Reviews

Find Link's

Monique's Amazon Page:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! Have a great day :-)