Saturday, August 04, 2012

Interview with Candi Delshamagus


Welcome to I Love My Authors
Earlier today  the lovely Candi Delshamagus, a brand new author from Hot Ink Press, an erotic imprint of Crushing Hearts and Black Butterfly Publishing was with us.  While she was here I had the opportunity to ask her a few questions. I love this part, but first I want to introduce you to her brand new short story just released today. Taste Eternity.

18+ Read Only!!
A party, a few Tequila shots, and a dare....


Darcy Adams is about to discover that her sex life is far more complicated than she imagined after a drunken orgy with her husband, and his friends. When Darcy's husband arranges for her to participate in a foursome, with a couple he knows to be swingers, she discovers a sexual appetite she couldn’t imagine she possessed. The aftermath could send her straight to Hell. Her destiny has been waiting centuries for this. Heaven, and Hell, are waiting for her to decide how she'll "Taste Eternity".


You can find Taste Eternity at:
Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Taste-Eternity-ebook/dp/B008SBP6IY/ref=sr_1_2?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1344118146&sr=1-2&keywords=taste+eternity
Goodreads: 
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/15784776-taste-eternity


Now on to the Interview
When did you start writing?
I started really writing when I was a teenager, though I dabbled in it when I was younger. I didn’t start writing erotica until I was well into my twenties. 

What inspired you to do it?
I had some depression issues, the result of a sexual assault. I realized that writing out my feelings really helped me face them head-on. By giving them to my characters, I could look at them from a more detached viewpoint. It took me a long time to get a grip on my own sensual nature. Erotica gives me an extra outlet to express that.

What projects have you done?
I have an erotic short, “Taste Eternity” releasing with Hot Ink Press on August 4th, 2012. So far, none of my other projects have been published. They aren’t really ready yet. 

Any new projects coming up?
I was thinking that if “Taste Eternity” does well, I might continue with a series of short stories, based on mythological and historical characters. I’d like to have them connect in some way, and maybe release a compendium as a print edition.


Are you an independent artist or are you represented by an agency?
I am proud to be an independent author, and even more proud to be a part of the Independent Publishing Company Crushing Hearts and Black Butterfly, through their Hot Ink Press imprint.

Any favorite bands? Do you use music to inspire you as you write?
I have a LOT of favorite bands! I love music, well, art in any form really. It’s hard to pick just one. Umm, right this second it would be Audioslave. Ask me again in five minutes. ;-D
I always write to music. Stories are like little written movies to me, so I like to have a Soundtrack for the film. 


What advice would you give to someone just starting out in your field?
Oh, wow! I don’t know if I’m really in a position to give advice. I’m a Newbie here. I suppose I’d tell them to keep writing. Just put the words on paper. Worry about the rest later.


Anything you would like to share with readers on a personal note that would allow them to get to know you better?
I’m an awful lot like a butterfly, flitting from place to place, interest to interest. You won’t find me settling down in one place or with one project, very often. Books and writing are really the only rock solid things in my life, aside from my soulmate, who I was lucky enough to find in this lifetime. A little bit gypsy, a little hippy and a bit of rock and roll, I’m a chameleon who blends in, or a clown who stands out, depending on my mood. You might say my entire personality is a study in contradictions. Hahaha!


Do you find it hard to share your work with others?
Hell, yes! Showing someone my writing is like cracking my head open and giving them a chance to look right into my psyche. I’ve never felt as exposed as when I first shared something I’d written. At the same time, though, I always wanted to be published. Maybe it’s harder to share with someone I know, than with strangers.


Did your writing come from just a need to express yourself or a particular experience that you had?
At first it was a specific experience. Then it became a more of a way of venting my emotions. Eventually I got more creative with it and it became a way of expressing myself that I seemed to be better at than painting or singing, two of my other great loves.


Thank you Candi for your time today.. Congratulations on your new release.


You can bet I will be posting my review of this one on my Review Blog Lovetiggi's Book Reviews in the very near future..

You can stalk Candi at:
Goodreads:  http://www.goodreads.com/CandiedMagic 
Facebook Fan Page: http://www.facebook.com/candi.delshamagus

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! Have a great day :-)