Sunday, August 05, 2012

Interview with Louisa Bacio


Welcome to I Love My Authors
I have the pleasure of having the very talented Louisa Bacio on the Blog today! I am Uber excited as vampires and erotic shorts are some of my favorite reads. Welcome to I Love My Authors Louisa! It so Awesome to have you here!! :-)
Louisa has a short just released with Hot Ink Press, an erotic imprint of Crushing Hearts and Black Butterfly Publishing. Before we get to the interview, I would like to introduce this newest read: Bed of the Dead.
18+ Read Only!

When Chloe places an online ad for some kinky sex, she doesn't expect to hook up with a vampire coven. But sleeping in the bed of the dead isn't all she expected. Instead of a cold lay, she craves some warm flesh. Fortunately, gorgeous surfer-boy Seth is more than willing to share his humanity.









Where to buy Bed of the Dead:
Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Bed-of-the-Dead-ebook/dp/B008SBP2LK/ref=sr_1_4?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1344191521&sr=1-4&keywords=Bed+of+the+Dead


Now for the Interview!!

When did you start writing?
Fortunately, I’ve always wanted to write and I’ve been able to do it as a living. I started writing poetry at 7 years old, and then was on the yearbook and newspaper staffs throughout school. It’s always been ingrained within my life.

What inspired you to do it?
It’s hard for me to say. My family always read, and I developed that love of the written word early on. My writing tends to lean toward the darker side, and I started reading Stephen King at 12.

What projects have you done?
My most successful series to date is the erotic paranormal ménage The Vampire, The Witch & The Werewolf. There are three full-length novels, one novella, and I have contracts for two more within the next year. In the non-fiction realm, I’ve been published in more than 150 magazines.

Any new projects coming up?
In addition to Bed of the Dead, I have two other short erotic stories that come out this month. The light BDSM A Super Spanking published a week ago, and my first 1Night Stand A Date with Death comes out from Decadent Publishing later this month.

Are you an independent writer or are you represented by an agency?
My agent is Saritza Hernandez of the Corvisiero Literary Agency. We met a few years ago at the RWA Nationals convention in Florida. I was fortunate to query her afterward, and she accepted.

Any favorite bands? Do you use music to inspire you as you write?
I’m a little bit old-school punk. Although I like newer bands, I tend to go back to favorites such as Rage Against the Machine, The Cure, and Nine Inch Nails, and female rockers like Gwen Stefani. My go-to romance singers are Chris Isaak and Damien Rice.

What advice would you give to someone just starting out in your field?
Keep striving ahead. I fully believe in joining writer’s organizations, and getting support from others who know what the insanity is like. If I don’t write for a little bit, I start to get antsy, and not everyone really understands.

Anything you would like to share with readers on a personal note that would allow them to get to know you better?
Although I like to write about things that go bump in the night, it often scares me. I prefer sleeping with a nightlight and a warm body next to me.

Do you find it hard to share your work with others?
One of my writing mentors, the author Jo-Ann Mapson, once told me that “if you live through it, you get to write about it.” Not that I’ve lived through everything that I write about! But, I’ve taken that advice pretty closely. That said, it can be very difficult to let a piece go because it becomes so personal.

Did your writing come from just a need to express yourself or a particular experience that you had?
Although I didn’t have one specific writing incident, I do find it as a fabulous outlet for emotions and to help cope with difficult time periods. My natural mother passed away when I was 14, and she was ill for a lot of my life. As an only child, I tended to do more solitary activities – reading and writing. So maybe there is a correlation there.

Where to find Louisa Bacio:
Goodreads:
http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/4353334.Louisa_Bacio

Blog:

http://louisabacio.blogspot.com/
Facebook

http://www.facebook.com/louisabacio
Twitter
http://www.twitter.com/louisabcaio


Thank You Louisa for taking the time out of you day to spend some with us and answering my questions. I so look forward to reading this. You can rest assured I will be reviewing this HOT Read! You will find my review on Lovetiggi's Book Reviews sometime in the near future. 


2 comments:

Thank you for stopping by! Have a great day :-)